We create safety and comfort wherever people interact with space.
Our mission is to optimize buildings, spaces and events for safety and functionality. To achieve this, we support you in your projects with our deep knowledge and advanced crowd simulation software: crowd:it. We understand your questions and offer you individual, pragmatic solutions.
We are experts in our field, and continuously research the latest developments in technology and work-flow, integrating them into our solution, in order to remain innovative and state-of-the-art.
Who are we?
accu:rate is a spin-off of the TU Munich and is based on the research work of Dr. Angelika Kneidl.
In 2009 Dr. Kneidl started her PhD on microscopic agent-based simulations. At this time the accident of the Loveparade 2010 in Duisburg happened, in which 21 people died and 650 were injured. This tragedy led to years of court proceedings. One thing is clear: better preparation could have prevented the accident.
For this reason, Dr. Kneidl decided to put her research work into practice.
What do we want to achieve?
The goal of accu:rate is to deliver reliable and scientifically validated results with crowd:it; creating safety and comfort analysis in construction, urban planning, event and traffic management and evacuation plans.
Our model, the Optimal Steps Model, is one of the most advanced and realistic on the market. We continuously develop our software with Government-funded research projects that seek to integrate the latest trends, such as BIM or integration of real-time data.
How do we work?
Our technology is modern, innovative and reliable. So too is our team.
Our field of application requires a high level of technical expertise and at the same time a deep understanding of the individual requirements of our customers. We want to develop solutions together with you, create safety and ultimately make the complex dynamics between people and space a little more predictable.
We offer planning and cost security at comparatively low cost. Our expertise has already convinced many well-known customers:
- DB Netz AG in the planning of new train stations.
- Munich Airport with an evacuation simulation.
- The Cannstatter fair in planning escape routes together with the organizers and police.
- Neuschwanstein Castle, one of the most popular tourist attractions in Bavaria. Here, we were able to optimize the evacuation concept.
We play an active role in shaping the industry by joining the committees including RiMEA e.V., the VFDB and the VFSG.
Ultimately, understanding the interaction between people and space is vital. This interaction is complex: we make it more than intuition. This is what drives us. What can we do for you?
- 2019: Digital Female Leader Award, Category Mobility
- 2018: IT Women of the year (gold), Category Technical Innovation
- 2016: Start? Zuschuss! Funding of the Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Media, Energy and Technology
- 2014: EXIST Stipendium
- 02/2014: Awardee of the „Gründerwettbewerb –IKT Innovativ“ of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
- 2014: Winner of the HVB Mentoring
- 2013: Promotionspreis (PhD award) of the Bund der Freunde der TU Munich